A larger than life celebration, Indian weddings are not just a commemoration of love between two people but they are a gala of love among family and friends. You can expect your average Indian wedding to be filled with fun, family, friends and overall festivity. Planning an Indian wedding can take both time and thought. So if you are the one responsible for Indian wedding planning, planning phase must have started months before. Chandra Weddings brings you some helpful tips to get you started and organized:
- Picking a Date and Selecting a venue: One of the most important and special detail you would like to carry out before going further the date. Even if you plan on being engaged for a year before getting married, it is never too early to start planning out your wedding date. Having a set date in mind will keep you on track and will help you plan out other aspects of your wedding. Then comes the venue, venue is one of the first and most important things to book. Venues typically are booked way in advance because there are always more people getting married than there are venues. To ensure that you have the venue that you want, it’s best to make that decision early on.
2. Working on your Guest List and Invitations: Some like to have a large gala whereas some like it to be cheerful gathering among loved ones. Decide how big or small you want to have your wedding. Indian weddings are a family oriented event, so the guest list can get steep. Regardless, keep track of a tentative guest list so you know how much food to order, how many seats to have and so forth. Once you have your guest list and your wedding date picked out, start shopping for your wedding invites. Chandra Weddings will help you design a themed wedding card according to your choice. Sending them ASAP will help people know to save the date.
- Determining the budget: Weddings can be pricey. If you know in advance that you are working on a budget, it’s advised to detail out a budget list so you can work with it for the rest of your wedding planning. Even if you aren’t on a tight budget, creating a tentative budget will help you narrow down your choices.
- Hiring the decorator: Indian weddings are known to be extravagant, festive and mesmerizing. A venue, no matter how great, is just a space to work with. There all magic occurs when the venue is enhanced with flowers, lights, chiavari chairs, specialty table linens and so forth. Chandra Weddings will help you carry out all the planning for your wedding ceremony.
5. Delving into Catering: Great food is an important component of an Indian wedding. Some couples prefer having regional specific food and some decide on having a combination of Western and Indian food. Whatever your idea of foodstuff is, you can rely on Chandra Weddings to fulfill with best catering services.
- What to Wear: Whether you plan on wearing wedding saris, wedding lehenga or a cross between traditional Indian garb and Western wedding attire, buy your dress a few months prior to the wedding. Remember, picking out the perfect dress takes time. When it comes to picking up dress for the bride, Chandra Weddings will make sure that all the eyes stay on bride’s beautiful attire.
- The need of Professional Photographer: Capturing one of the most important days of your life is a crucial component of any wedding. If you are trying to cut corners, never skimp out with an inexperienced photographer. These wedding photos will be cherished for a lifetime and Chandra Weddings will set you up with the professional photographers for your ceremonies.
8. Reception is just as important as Wedding: Weddings and receptions go hand in hand; however planning the reception can be as stressful as planning out your wedding. Once there is a broad picture of your wedding, Chandra Weddings will help you setting the reception in conjunction with your wedding style.